Thursday, January 13, 2011

Be the church

So today I went up to ASU and picked up my diploma. Woot woot! But that's not what this blog is about.  While there, I walked the halls of the Student Union, remembering how much I love being on a college campus. However, it's different when you're no longer a student, but an alumni. Wow... totally just realized that I'm officially an alumni. But when I was a student, I saw others as well... other students.  Fellow classmates.

However, today, I saw these students differently. They are children of God. They are the future. They are important. They are loved by the most high King who reigns over everything that is!

But how many don't know?

How many have heard that, but don't believe it?

As I looked into the faces of these students, my heart began to pound inside my chest. I wanted to stand on a table and scream "JESUS LOVES YOU!!!" I wanted to grab those kids and tell them that they are valuable. They are indeed something.

There are more than 11,000 students attending ASU every day. Students coming from different towns, states, and several from different countries. We have a job to do. We need to be the hands and feet of Christ and go to these Children of God and tell them of the love that is Christ.

I'm so grateful to be a part of a movement here in Jonesboro that sees that need.  I praise God for what He's beginning to do through Central's Journey Campus! Please join us as we pray and seek of how we can reach these precious lives. Let's pour out love on these students. May God use us to bring about change on the campus of ASU.

No comments:

Post a Comment