Thursday, February 17, 2011

We're not just human...

If you lost your job, would the way you handled it show anyone that you are a follower of Jesus?

What if something goes wrong with financial aid and you no longer get a scholarship?

What if you simply just mess up?

The most common phrase we hear (and probably use) is that "I'm just human" or "We're all human and we're not perfect." Ok... so I cannot deny the fact that you are indeed human. I also cannot deny the fact that we "all sin and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) But if we live our lives based on the fact that "we're all just human," what about that shows God? When situations arise, if we handle them in a way that does not show our faith in Christ, what is going to make the seeing unbeliever feel as though you have something that they don't?

If you live in a constant state of stress, it's like saying "God, I love you and all, but my problems are just a little too big for you right now."

Yes, we are all human. We are not perfect. However, we are humans that have the power and spirit of God within us! The God that created everything in the universe dwells within us!

 Think about that the next time the phrase "well... I'm just really stressed" comes out of your mouth.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

No comments:

Post a Comment